Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Resident Evil will continue beyond ‘Afterlife’.



With Resident Evil: Afterlife on the way later this year, many are wondering whether or not this fourth film will be the last in its series, not including any reboots. Jeremy Bolt, producing partner with Paul W.S. Anderson, discussed this with Ryan Rotten of ShockTillYouDrop while on the movie’s Toronto set.

We try to make every one a satisfactory movie and if the movie does well enough and we feel there’s a demand and Paul and I and my colleagues are creatively excited enough, we would do another one. I think that we try to view every one as it could be the last one. We’re not presumptuous enough to think it will just keep going. But, one of the things that’s pretty exciting is now we are working very closely with Capcom, so we have a very strong relationship and my dream is that I actually will make a version of this film that properly integrates a game and a movie, which has never been done to my knowledge. But I think we’ve showed them, we’ve brought things to their franchise, and obviously we’ve taken from their franchise and I think there’s a good union, a creative union potentially there which I haven’t fully explored. So that would be my goal in the future.

So not necessarily the last, and they’d like to connect the games and movies more. Interesting. You can head on over to read the rest of the interview, which talks about a number of topics, including zombies dogs, Resident Evil 5’s influence on the movie, and whether or not Jill Valentine will be returning.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment